- Place the pork in a large bowl. Mix ½ cup of sugar and ½ cup of salt together and then rub the mixture all over the meat. Cover it with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- When you're ready to cook, pre-heat the grill to 275F (2 burners on low in the low position). Remove pork from refrigerator and discard juices (the salt mixture will draw out quite a bit of water). Place on the grill, close the lid and cook for approximately 6 hours. Test by pressing the meat with a fork, it is done if it yields easily. Remove the meat from the grill and rest for up to an hour.
- When you are 30 minutes from serving, preheat the grill to 400-450F (set the left and right burners to medium-high and leave the middle burner off). Mix together both the 3 tablespoons of salt and sugar and rub over the cooked pork. Place on the grill over the center burner and cook with the lid closed for approximately 10 to 15 minutes or until a dark crust has formed.
Ginger Scallion Sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the scallions with the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and taste, adding salt if needed.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chili pastes with the vinegar and oil, and mix well.
How To Serve
Create lettuce wraps with pieces of the pork and top with Kimchi and sauces. Serve alongside white rice.